Top 6 Picks
1) Ray Buckland's Wicca for Life
2) Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A guide for the solitary
3) Edain McCoy's making magick
4) Timothy Roderick's Wicca: A Year and a Day
5) Michael Jordan's Encyclopedia of 2500 Gods
6)Edain McCoy's a Witch's Guide to Fairy Folk.
Top 10 Picks:
1) Wicca for Life: The Way of the Craft from Birth to Summerland by Raymond Buckland.
2) Wicca the Old Religion in the New Millennium by Vivienne Crowley.
3) Making Magick by Edain McCoy
4) Earth Power by Scott Cunningham
5) Earth, Air, Fire, Water by Scott Cunningham
6) True Magick by Amber K
7) Wicca: Guide for the Solitary Practicioner by Scott Cunningham
8) Wicca for Men by AJ Drew (even good for women)
9) Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler
10) The Encyclopedia of 2500 Gods by Michael Jordan (not THE Michael Jordan)
you can find all of these on amazon for next to nothing. in fact i was searching the titles and found 'true magick' for only .01! i also recommend used book stores.
some have asked me about intuitive gifts and other abilities, those questions i can answer, there i have experience. but when it comes to wicca, though i have been one on and off since i was 21 i know little about it compared to others. i've been solitary and have only gleamed things through books. there is so much more to know that i feel that it is my responsiblity to refer people to someone with vast more knowledge and experience than i. one of those people is BlueFireWitch from youtube. she also has a blog, bluefirewitch.blogspot.com, with insightful articles that are well writen and not overly done. in other words she doesn't chew your ear off like i will 😉 i have learned a lot from her and still do. so check her out!